In the previous post I mentioned 3 tips out of 6 to help you build a successful Adwords campaign so be sure to check it out if you haven’t already. Today I will share with you the 3 remaining points which are important and not to be underestimated.
4. It is of extreme importance to create an advert under your brand name. You may ask:
- Why should I create an advert under my own brand name?
This might seem a waste of money but believe me, it’s not, especially if you already have a renowned brand name. You might rank first in all search engines thanks to your search engine optimization but competitors might create an advert and insert your brand name as a keyword. Hence when someone searches for your brand, the first website which pops up is your competitors paid advert, even though you rank first. As I am sure you have assumed, this reduces traffic to your site and competitors are literally stealing your customers. The best way to avoid this is to bet on your own brand name. This should put you on top of the list even if your competitors have ads. Sometimes it’s better to play it safe.
5. Know well what your competitors are doing and don’t bury your head in the sand (both literally and metaphorically 😛 ). This can be quite a time consuming task especially if the keyword is popular in your business, however it can be quite rewarding. Not only will it save you money because less testing is needed, but it will also guide you towards a successful advert. Here are some questions to ask when checking your competitors:
- What is each competitor’s strength?
- What is each competitor’s weakness?
- What’s their landing page?
- Which one has the largest budget?
- Which one has the best SEO?
- Who has the most attractive advert? and Why is his advert more attractive?
It is important that you place yourself in your customers’ shoes, which leads us to the last point, the one which mostly affects your advert CTR (Click Through Rate).
6. Check where the best advert position is for your business. You might say, Ooo this one is easy, the first and second position are always the best. But you might be wrong because sometimes positions three to five work better, not because they bring in more people, but because they have better conversion. And when it comes to online marketing conversion is everything. Now you might ask me, how would I know which position to choose? The only way to answer such question is to test it out for yourself and analyze obtained data.
Now you are able to launch a successful Adwords campaign and start generating some traffic to your website. Remember to test different approaches and see which one works best. Goodluck!